To meet a wide range of applications in the 60—150 ton water-cooled market, Trane is
proud to introduce the model RTWD helical-rotary liquid chiller. The introduction of this
next-generation chiller is an exciting step forward in application versatility, ease of
installation, control precision, reliability, energy-efficiency, and operational cost-
™ effectiveness. The new RTWD chiller is designed to deliver proven Series R
performance, plus all the benefits of an advanced heat transfer design with two low-
speed, direct-drive compressors.
Important Design Advances and New Features
Major design advances include:
• Higher full-load energy efficiency that meets ASHRAE 90.1 and reduces both
operating and life-cycle costs.
• Trane CH530 controls enable:
– Variable evaporator flow compensation for improved control stability with energy
saving variable flow applications,
– Single chiller time of day scheduling communication option for easier control of
• Dual independent refrigerant circuits.
• HFC-134a optimized design.
The industrial-grade design of the Series R helical-rotary chiller is ideal for both industrial
and commercial markets, in applications such as office buildings, hospitals, schools,
retail buildings, and industrial facilities. The reliable compressors, wide operating
temperature range, advanced controls, electronic expansion valve, short anti-recycle
timers, and industry-leading efficiencies mean that this latest Trane Series R chiller is the
perfect choice for tight temperature control in almost any application temperatures, and
under widely varying loads.